Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tribal Love



Tribal Love


 

</>

 

Blake Lively wearing the tribal Marchesa that took everyone's breaths away
While I was scrolling through the style section of People, I came across Ashley Tisdale and Elizabeth Banks rocking out some tribal outfits. They were really cute! It reminded me of this Marchesa that Blake Lively wore to "Fashion's Night Out," which I spotted from watching this episode of Style Star. I couldn't help but make a set of my own! I've never made sets on Polyvore--I usually use it for inspiration--so some of the editing is a bit rough. So I tried searching through different retailers looking for anything tribal, and I really like this Brandy Melville tank. I think it goes well with the AE shorts. At first, I was afraid it might have been too much, but based on the set, it seems okay! And the accessories are SO CUTE. The suede bracelets and the fringe bag really complements the tribal vibe of the entire outfit. And THE SHOES! I might get myself a pair of the tribal oxfords. I think I want to try a tribal look of my own.

So the Style Star episode I mentioned earlier, I watched it on the plane ride back to the states. It featured the famous Sarah Jessica Parker and the iconic Blake Lively, two of my favorite actresses.

Both these starlets have played characters that were New York it girls, and I love learning about the city style! But, in real life, they're constantly being compared to their fictional counterparts, but I don't see that as a bad thing! I mean SJP and Carrie Bradshaw has the style that's more mature. But she never seizes to amaze me, I've always been "Carried Away."

But I think Blake Lively, or Gossip Girl's very own Serena van der Woodsen (SVDW), is relatively more inspiring. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like this golden goddess has a California vibe to her--she is originally from here! Yet, when I see her on the screen as SVDW (try saying that 10x's fast), I love her looks and I would totally believe that she's a born and bred New Yorker. Some of S's looks would definitely be ones I would try to replicate myself (even if I much prefer the style of Blair). Anyways, what really impressed me was that Blake doesn't even have a stylist! All her looks are styled by herself. I mean it's normal for a girl to style herself, but Blake's looks are great! It's no wonder she was named in "Time's 100 Most Inspirational People" list. Most of her looks are breath-taking, and they're actually really simple! For example, if she's wearing a Maxi, she wouldn't go all-out with crazy accessories, she would just put her hair up in a sleek pony tail, and out the door she goes! It's that simplicity that adds that real POP! Of course, her killer confidence might have something to do with it. She is an inspiration! So, in the documentary, one of my favorite looks is the Yellow Tribal Marchesa (showed above), and all the fashion commentators agreed with me. Now I'm even more motivated to try out that tribal outfit :)

Until next week, HAGW (Have a great weekend).
XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment