Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Candy Cane in Summer Wonderland





Top: Brandy Melville, Skirt: Forever21, Bandeau: American Eagle

I know what you're thinking, Joanne has a twin?! Could it be...the cyberspace alter-ego Valentine has taken on a human form?! ROBOTS ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD! Haha, no. It's the magic of a tripod and photoshop! And yes, I am a bit of a drama queen!

Sundays at the Zoo Zhu family means going out to eat and trying out new restaurants around town. I've been wanting to try on this outfit for days, but I haven't got the chance to because the Sunday tradition have been put on a hiatus. But this weekend, it's finally resumed, giving me the perfect opportunity to try on this outfit.

I first came across this skirt when I was looking on polyvore for Carrie Bradshaw/SJP inspired outfits, and I found this set. Isn't it so cute? At the time, forever21 had sold out of the skirt. However I got lucky for being such a frequent visitor to the f21 website because I accidentally came across the skirt while I was surfing through the site one day. Next thing I know, I was at the student customer center signing off a package.

The tank top's a Brandy Melville shirt I got a long time ago. The fabric feels amazing, all brandy melville clothes feel amazing! The problem is, it's actually a really loose shirt. Initially, I thought a cami would have been better with the skirt. Given the occasion, I wanted something more formal to go with the skirt to go out with the family. I thought of the BM tank top, and I liked how it turned out :)












Tie necklace: Shanghai boutique, Bag: Mulberry, Shoes: Sam Edelman

My favorite part :) Accessories!

I'm lucky I have the tie necklace because it matches the skirt well!

Again, keeping up with the semi-formal-going-out-with-family theme, I threw in this bag I received as a gift over the summer.

Last but not least, shoes! I got these gold Sam Edelman flats while I was shopping at Nordstorm Rack. The reason I picked these is because A, I was going for the semi-formal vibe, and B, there's a gold consistency in the entire outfit, but it's not too over-the-top matchy matchy.

Don't forget to hype + fav on LOOKBOOK and Chictopia ♥

See you Wednesday,

Joanne

5 comments:

  1. cute outfit! i LOVE your tie necklace :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like all the shoes you posted! they look comfy and chic! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks dear :)
    They actually are very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That tie necklace is fantastic! I love it! Also, I'm fascinated by how easily you seem to tie every piece in the outfit together. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha thank you :)

    ReplyDelete