Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back to School Essentials


I've been following Diamondsandheels14 for a while now. I find her health-related/skin/beauty videos very helpful. But, since she uploaded this back-to-school video, I feel like it's relevant considering school is starting soon. I for one cannot wait to get back to school, catching up with friends after the long summer, and most importantly, FOOTBALL SEASON! Even though I've been shopping and stuffing my closet to get ready for going back to school, I find this video very helpful. I like her suggestions because most of the stuff she suggested were very simple, yet they still have the potential to be nice, eye-catching outfits. Sometimes, I feel less comfortable wearing a flashy outfit to class because that's an environment for learning, and wearing something attention-grabbing may drive the focus away from the learning. Of course, that's just my opinion. Still, I'm really appreciative of her suggestions for the basics. I think for me, I plan on trying to go for the basic looks for a few days of the school week, and for the rest, I would go for something more unique and shows my personality. It's a win-win compromise :)

Here are the things listed in the video:
Basic loose T's
Cassandra (the guru) recommended stylemint T's.
But I think it would be just as easy to find more affordable basic T's from Forever21, Wet Seal, Cotton On, or other stores you go to regularly at the mall.
But there's one thing she mentioned that I couldn't agree more, make sure it's comfortable!

Flats
Ahh shoes! The piece of accessory I couldn't get enough of! In a basic outfit, a cute pair of flats really adds a bit of femininity.

I recently got a pair of ballet flats. And I love it! The neutral blush color is easy to match, and it's a very reasonable price!

Fun Accessories
I love playing with all kinds of accessories. Like in raspberry swirl, the scarf really changes up the originally basic outfit.

Over the summer, while I was shopping in Shanghai, I came across this GORGEOUS peacock feather necklace. I wasn't feeling it at the moment, but looking back, I SO regret not getting them. It's a total dont-you-hate-it-when-that-happens-moment.

But this is the closest one to the one I liked


However, I won't give up! The search for cute accessories continues!

Perfect Fitting JeansOk, that's sort of a given. But the options are still wide open!
A lot of retailers American Eagle, Holister, Aeropostale, and many others have been having jeans promotions. I think it may have something to do with back to school.

But of all the brands, one of my favorites is still AE jeans. Their marketing team must be happy to hear this. They'be been going all out with jeans promotion. With the contests, celebrity endorcements, yesterday, they even had a commercial on TV. But I've got it hand it to AE, they're the experts when it comes to jeans. I own two AE jeans, and they both have really nice fitting--certainly better than the other brands. Plus, there's lots of options, even within each "cuts." Most importantly, their jeans are very reasonably priced.

Last, but not least! Cardigan(s)!
Sure it's still summer, and it's still unbelievably hot (in LA at least). But I remember how the school AC was so cold, I got sick. So! Having a matching cardigan may be the cherry on the sundae, it may potentially save you from a cold!

Aside from these five wonderful suggestions, I may have some suggestions of my own!
Sleeveless Button-Up

I'm absolutely loving sleeveless blouses. The fact that it is a blouse makes it school appropriate. The sleeveless gives it a bit of an edge. And with a high low skirt, or a pair of shorts, it makes the perfect chic look.

SCARVES
I love scarves. If a cardigan is too hot, a nice thin scarf would provide the warmth AND puts the cherry on top.

So, with all these suggestions, I have all the more reasons for being excited to go back to school ♥

xoxo,

excited for school.

4 comments: