Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

neon candies




accessories detail

Top: Forever 21, Ripped white jeans: Forever 21 Singapore, candy clutch bag: Shanghai boutique

Hey there, valentine speaking here :)

Yesterday was my first day of classes, and I couldn't have asked for a better 1st day of semester ✌. Being away for the summer made me realize that I can actually feel like I've missed school. Today, I actually learned so many valuable knowledge already!

My friend Caroline and I was just casually walking around campus when we noticed the huge difference of how the campus looks after the summer. Over the summer, SC did a lot of renovations around campus, and the art buildings were one of them. Caroline and I were just walking around and making a checklist of all the details that changed when we saw the inside of the art buildings. It was so different being in a white art room with no furnitures, it spelled photo op!

Given the art-room environment, I couldn't help but awaken my inner dork, and did a "Scream" pose, just because I was kind of overwhelmed the intensity of the brightness of the white room.

My shirt certainly didn't help made it less bright, but I've been wanting to try out neon for a while, and the collar  made  it class-room appropriate. Yet, it give me a chance to go for an edgy look. I embraced the opportunity because it isn't something I'd normally do. As for the accessories, the clutch was used like a wallet on the day. It's so unpracticle having this tiny--BUT CUTE!--little bag around school on the first day of class. But the candy details is a great contrast with the outfit, which made it a great accessory. The owl necklace is actually the one from cute accessory haul. There's a bit of yellow on the tripes, which is why I felt like it was a great match for the outfit :) and you can't have the owl necklace without the ring!

xoxo,

Valentine



P.S. confused about the change in signature? Read more about me here.

12 comments:

  1. Love this neon yellow blouse! If I wore it, I would definitely look like a clown. ): But you wear it so perfectly. & I still think it's adorable that your name has to do with you being born on Valentine's day. Do you get double the presents then?? ;D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^ totally agree with aumanie! I would not be able to pull off that neon yellow blouse! You on the other hand rock it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow! It really pops :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your neon top, I've been meaning to get a neon top, too, guess this gives me inspiration to actually get one lol :) Ripped jeans are totally something I'd wear, too. Glad you had a good first day of class! Ahh, I love USC's campus - it's so beautiful! You're lucky to be at an amazing school that also has beautiful places to take photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha thanks :p

    I was really skeptical at first, so you should try it out! I'm sure it would look lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, i was totally skeptical at first because I'm really dark, but then it worked out alright :) you should definitely try, I think it's quite fun, haha!

    umm and no, i actually get half the presents because you get presents on your birthday AND valentine's day, but I just get 1 present for both :( LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha yay! I had a whole bunch of shirts in my hand when I was shopping, but then I saw this, and loved the color, and tossed all the other shirts. but yea, you should definitely get one :)

    do you visit often! Irvine's pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your shirt!
    Also your cute ring! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love when people know how to wear bright colors. You pull it off, girl!

    ReplyDelete