Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

May the odds be ever in your favor...


Combat Girls



Hunger Games DVD's come out today! (Well, technically, midnight tomorrow morning.) I will probably wait till Black Friday to get it, but it's still an exciting moment in history! A movie that took millions' breaths away is going to be out on DVD and BluRay with BONUS FEATURES! Yeah, I sound like the Target narrator guy, I blame the commercials. Well, after reading the trilogy, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the books. Despiste, I've got to admit, as I was reading, I didn't want to put them down even though it turned out to be a huge disappointment when I finished. But, I did enjoy the movie! I was constantly on the edge of my seat as I was watching the movie--even though I knew exactly what was going to happen! So, props need to be given to the amazing cast, including Jennifer Lawrence. Based on the interviews I watched, she is a terrific person, she's genuinely funny. And of course, I can't forget the fellow Trojan, Alex Ludwig, who played Cato. And cute little Rue. Bottom line is, LOVED THE MOVIE, and can't wait for Catching Fire--FINNICK ODAIR (more like OH DEAR!) Melody, if you're reading this, I know you're rolling your eyes at me. So yeah! The reason I'm even mentioning the Hunger Games DVD is because everywhere I go, it's HUNGER GAMES DVD OUT MIDNIGHT 4/18...literally everywhere--TV, youtube, other internet sites. But it was one of the hottest blockbusters! People loved the movies. I mean what's not to like about it? Aside from all the reasons I've already mentioned, the fashion's pretty great! Since this is a fashion blog, I can't forget fashion! Cinna IS a revolutionary designer (pun intended). I, personally, wouldn't wear the burning costume, but it was a really cool concept! I can't wait to see all the beautiful gowns in Catching Fire. Aside from the fictional fashion, the actual costumes designs were nice, too! The costumes of the Capitol freaks would definitely be runway-worthy. Probably not street, but definitely runway.

Anyways, so the other day, I stumbled upon this "18 Terrific Fall Trends 2012" post from allwomenstalk. I couldn't help but drawing the connection from trend #17, "Modern Military" to Katniss's hunting look. There's also some element of trend #15, "Boyish," as well. And before all this, ever since I saw Emily from Pretty Little Liars wearing that military like jacket that Hanna found from the church charity drive (I can't find a picture anywhere), I've been looking for the right jacket myself to prep for fall. With all the anticipation for the Military trend, plus the hype about Katniss's hunting outfit (there's Halloween costumes, where I found the mockingjay pin), I was totally inspired to create a set!

I started out looking for the right jacket. Since I'm trying to honor the Hunger Games, I feel like a cognac leather jacket would be more suitable for this situation that a military jacket would. Next up, I felt like a nice loose fitting white Tee would draw attention to the jacket more. The USA-themed tee was perfect and very appropriate for the military theme. I felt like white pants would go more with the jacket because I wanted the combat boots to match with the jacket, and the boots wouldn't be as effective if paired with dark colored pants. Last but not least, accessories! The dog-tag fitted with the theme, yet it's so girly and cute. I really like the bracelets because of its rockstar edge. To top it all off, Aviators! But the true cherry on top is the mockingjay pin.

As Effie Trinket would say, "may the odds be ever in your favor!" I guess the odds were in my favor as I was able to draw from the DVD release and the fall trend to create a set that I would really like to try out one day.


XOXO.

Joanne

3 comments:

  1. A Hunger Games inspired wardrobe? Sign me up! You've covered all the bases and I LOVE the shirt. Sgn me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the beachy style! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks!
    *kisses 3 fingers and raise arm!* changing the original meaning of the sign to pay tribute to fellow HG fan! haha :)

    ReplyDelete