Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Sex and the City 2: The Breathtaking Fashion and the Inspirations


Happy Labor Day everyone :)

Savor this day! It signals the end of summer and the coming of school (for those who are still on vacation). For the observance of this labor day, I've done quite a few things to have fun and stay well rested (sort of). Kind of sad that summer's almost over, but there's not that much of a difference here in Southern California.

Well what did I do?

You guessed it! I treated myself to yet another must-see-fashionable-movie this weekend! My aunt has been wanting to watch Sex and the City 2 with her for a while now. Finally, this weekend, as we don't have much to do, I pulled up the movie for her. She loves this movie for its fashion. I actually gave her Sex and the City 1 DVD for Christmas once!

Here's what I absolutely loved about the movie. As mentioned in the NYFW Post, I love the style of this City. I feel like watching the movie gives me a better sense of what looks good, too. Again, who knew watching movie could be such a treat and have so many purposes!? Props need to be given to Patricia Fields! Every single outfit the qudrio (like trio, but 4) wore made me wish I was them. One of my favorite outfits had to be an original Carrie Bradshaw. Like I said in Tribal Love, I love the styles of SJP/Carrie Bradshaw, this is no exception!

doesn't she look stunning?

What I loved about this outfit is that it's so effortless and casual, yet so unique and exotic! Perfect for Abu Dhabi. Sure she's glowing in this picture, it may have something to do with the fact that she just saw her ex-fiancee "60,000 miles away from New York," but the outfit definitely brought more light!

Aside from the fashion, which I can go on and on about, this movie really opens my eyes about the places I could go with the PR career path that I've chosen. Samantha started out as a bar tender, but now she's grown into this amazing publicist. Just look at the fact that she's turned Smith into a huge star! But because of her expertise, her and her best gal pals were invited to an all-expenses paid trip to the exotic UAE with complimentary butlers and everything! One of the reasons why I chose New York to be my life's next destination is for the wide range of opportunities! I truly admire Samantha's professionalism...most of the time. Unfortunately, for Samatha, her promiscuity and albeit unprofessional urge has gotten herself out of a business deal of a life time. But hey, it IS only a movie. I will only set goals based on Samantha's competence and strength!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what else I'll be doing for Labor Day, going on a hike! Yay!

This organization I am rushing for will be going on a hike to Griffith park today! I'm super excited, I've been wanting to go there for a while, but never found a chance, too. I wanted to visit for the Haunted Hay ride, but I chickened out a bit, maybe this year! But Haunted Hay Ride or not, I'll be getting a taste of nature, and I'm super excited :)

Enjoy the long weekend,

XOXO,

Jo.

4 comments:

  1. I swear, Carrie wears the most amazing stuff in the movies and also in the show! (:
    have fun on your hike! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH, LOVE CARRIE BRADSHAW...even though she's fictional LOL. How was your hike?! I like hiking and always hear about people going to Griffith park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. All of them did!

    and thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! who cares if she's fictional! I like samantha, too :) even though she's a bit scary and crazy sometimes, her career's so successful!

    Griffith Park hike was great! I thought it would be tiring because i'm not the most outdoorsy person, but once you get up there, it's definitely worth the long walk!

    ReplyDelete