Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Fashion's Night Out

It's day 6 of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York. In the NYFW post, I talked about Fashion's Night Out--a event in which retailers have special promotions and good food!

NYFW is 2,000 miles away, so I just went to the next best thing.

Last Thursday, I've had the privilege of attending FNO at the Beverly Center with two of my roommates and my friend Cheryl! Despite that traffic and the lack of parking, it was a terrific night! I had an AMAZING Strawberry Macaroon that they passed at BeBe's and a pretty nice cupcake from Guess. But I'll stop talking about food.

So here's roughly how the event panned out.

We arrived at about 6:30. There were so many people. I wouldn't complain about the spot we finally found, it was pretty close to the stage, but it was quite hard to see. Lucky Hale and Kendall Jenner, along with Lisa Love, came out and hosted the show. Lisa Love, the West Coast Editor of Vogue, our very own version of Anna Wintour introduced most of the designers, and then Lucy Hale talked a bit. Kendall, as stunning as she was, kind of just stood there. But look at Lisa and her Sun Glasses! LOL.


On to the Runway show!

Here's some of my favorite looks from the Designers :)

Max & Co.

I love this look because it combines my favorites: leather booties, a maxi skirt, and a hunter, fur-lined jacket.
It remind me of the Hunter style for the upcoming fall season.



      
Sorry, the picture quality is not the best. I was standing underneath a dark stage, and people were pushing me!

But here's another one of my favorite looks :) The Modern Military look is very cool, yet this look is chic at the same time! Max & Co had some great designers!


DIESEL


This model is absolutely beautiful! So the sweater dress looks great on her! And I've been wanting to get a sweater dress for a while, maybe I will!


Lacoste

These are some generic Lacoste outfits, but I really enjoy the fact that they are very elegant. They're simple yet elegant, and most of the outfits seemed like they could be worn for any ocation!


Lastly, my favorite, Bloomingdale's!


Blue Sequins
Sequins are a bit crazy for me, but seeing it on the model makes it so nice!


I love the blazer and the city worker gal look! :) It's a nice blazer, too!


I love the layering of this dress. Wow, I'm so into blue! haha.


Gold sequined dress.
This is such a unique and elegant gown. But the dress fits so great with the model's skin tone!

J. Lindeberg

A nice piece of eye candy. (:  Just wanted to share because I found it funny that almost every girl was screaming!


Here's a video of the final runway!



The highlight of my night was actually the post fashion meet and greet with Elle and Blair! They were doing a signing their new book, Beneath the Glitter, and I'm really excited to read it! I've been following the two sisters for a long time, Blair a bit longer. I was introduced to them by my friend Si Qi, and I'm really glad I got to know them because a lot of their tutorials are very useful!


 Elle and Blair + me at the book signing :)


signed book, WHADUP!


MAI BOOK!

So that's pretty much my entire night, did you feel like you were there?

XOXO.

Joanne

3 comments: