Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

OBEY- 3.5 ways to wear a sleeveless shirt!


Photo cred: arrestedmotion

I know I occasionally spew out how much I love the more metropolitan cities like Shanghai or New York, leaving my beloved LA under-appreciated. Los Angeles is a city with such diverse cultures. Take Venice beach for example, the people who hang out on that beach just amazes me. To me, it's one of the most interesting places in LA. Then of course, DTLA is a strange world in and of itself. Yet, we've got BEAUTIFUL places like the FIDM, where I shot my first blog post evah :) Not to mention that infamous bench where countless movies were shot at (it's apparently called Angel's Knoll pretty interesting name)!

Anddd...there's this artistic-gasmic (yes, I just made up this word, you know what it means) piece of land on La Brea, within the close vicinity of LACMA.

So the wonderful Caroline, being the amazing artist that she is, suggested that this place would make a wonderful backdrop for a photo shoot. Here's a brief background and a art lesson about this place located on the corner of La Brea and 2nd Street!


You've seen Obama's campaign posters and the OBEY signs. Do you know the artist behind these very original master pieces? His name is Shepard Fairey and he is the same artist that painted the mural for some of my backgrounds :)  I'm not an art student so I don't know the technical terms for his style. But, I really do like the semi-abstractness! Plus, the streets are his canvas, and he lives by such a free form of expression! I wish I had the talent or the opportunity to do that!

On to ze outfits!


I really had fun doing the last wear one item multiple ways post, so much that I've decided to do another on my own! You may be wondering, why 3.5 ways? Well, we'll get to that later!

#1. The "Dress"




When I first paired the sleeveless button up with my black skirt, people really thought it was a dress :) Yes, the button-up is the one I wore last Tuesday from Styles for Less. And the skirt is from forever21, which I wore in Raspberry Swirl. Just because I'm wearing a black on black, doesn't mean it would be the only colors that would work! A brown on brown would be perfect for the fall. Color block could be fun, too!

And here's a failed attempt at trying to make the obey face. Teehee!

#2. Combat Style



It is finally that time of the year when it gets slightly cooler, but not really, but cool enough that I get to wear my combat boots again!

This look definitely falls under more of a relaxed, everyday style whereas the previous could be suitable for a family lunch kind of scenario.

The stars of this look would be my babies! My boots ♥ I got them at a local shoe shop in my mall. I love the wide lace and it's felt lined so it's super comfortable! Also, the Military Style is another sought-after trend for fall, this touches up on the style a little bit!

#3.0 Rocker chic


Since I had to go to La Brea for this shoot, I didn't have access to my stash of accessories, and I totally forgot my necklace ):

But you can see the complete look in my video.

The only thing that's different from my outfit last week is that I paired the outfit with the combat boots.

#3.5 Everything's Black and White


Finally, my explanation for why the "3.5."

Because I'm only changing up my shoes, I don't feel like this deserves being deemed a "new look." However, I DID change up the shoes, I felt like it would be appropriate to meet it halfway. Hence, the 3.5.

Personally, though I LOVE my boots, between 3.0 and 3.5 I like 3.5 better because it matched better.

What do you think?

Comment on which look's your favorite!

Au Revoir,

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment