Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

TAG: Different Ways to Wear Something

So on the YouTube community, users tagging each other is a common thing to bring the internet closer. I say, why can't us bloggers do it, too?

The topic was something my friend Si Qi suggested :) And ever since I started blogging, I've been visiting different blogs, and I felt like it would be kind of cool if I can tag a fellow blogger and we can continue the tagging! woohoo!

For this topic, the "different ways of wearing the same piece of clothing" I'm choosing 5 ways to wear a Maxi Dress, and I want to Tag Grace from Memo28!

And thanks Cally Zhou for taking this wonderful pictures for me :)


5 Ways to wear a Maxi Dress.

#1. California Love




Crotchet Top: Cotton On; Navy Maxi Dress: Forever 21

Initially, I bought the Navy Dress because it gave off a very beachy-vibe. But if I were to wear just the dress to the beach in just the maxi, it probably would have been to simple. With the crotchet top, the outfit would then look like a two piece in a way, and that's pretty different!

Then, top it off with a big sun-hat and boho styled accessories, it's Pacific Ocean, here I come!

All the accessories seen worn in this could be found in my accessories haul post.

#2. Electric Neon




Okay, these aren't my favorite combination in the world. Trojans, namsayinn?!

But hey, the color works. I'm a huge fan of contrast. With this simple yellow shirt, it easily turned the too-simple maxi dress into an outfit that could be worn for shopping, or for a more formal day look.



#3. Contrast



In the weddings post, my outfit consisted of a navy lacy dress with a red belt. Here's a more casual spin on the look, I just love pairing navy with red. I guess I'm patriotic with red and blue :p

#4. Valentine Chic



Finally! The moment we've all been waiting for, a look that matches my site name. I was very excited when I thought of the idea for this look of the collage. I wanted to come up with something more formal, and I came across this pink blazer. It's very chic, and it would be appropriate for a date night or even an interview. I just named this look "Valentine Chic" because of the pink color and the hearts. The shoes are the one I got from Zooshoo, as described in the cute accessories post.

#5. Navy Nautical 




Okay, I know. With the passing of Labor day, summer is over. Why am I still having summery outfits? The nautical trend have been so hyped for a while, and I really like the trend. Even with the passing of summer, this trend can still be useful for the fall for those family outings to the docks!

The rope belt is actually from another dress. But I took it off the other dress when I bought the shoes because they're a perfect match! Sure they might be a big over board (get it?), I think it will be fine because the length of the skirt makes the shoes a bit more subtle. I talked about these shoes in my accessories post, too :)

So which one is your favorite?

Hope you enjoyed and have a great weekend!

XOXO.

Jo + Valentine

4 comments:

  1. Joanne!
    These pictures are so cute~ (:
    I feel pressured now for my tag! AHH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I love the nautical one - the rope and boat shoes go so well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dear!

    That is one of my favs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girl!

    and you don't know what you're sayinn! your posts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete