Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Let's go star gazing!


Sitting on the white bricks of Griffith, with the Hollywood sign obscured in the background marks truly one of the most beautiful weekends in my life.

My new obsession would definitely have to be the Griffith Observatory. I was first introduced this magical place when I hiked the trail on Labor day with Alpha Phi Omega, which I mentioned in the Sex and the City 2 review. Like I said, the trail leading up to the observatory was pretty tiring, but the beautiful site that awaited me as I reached the top was worth any treacherous trail. Then last night, the service frat that I'm rushing for, APO, had another fellowship event at the observatory AT NIGHT. You can actually see the stars, bright and glistening, a rarity in this town. The event was a scavenger hunt, and I finally got to go inside!


I knew a couple weeks ago that I will attending several rush events at the Griffith. Given that our paths keep crossing, I felt it would be appropriate to do a photo shoot there! I asked my room mate Alicia for ideas, and she said that a lot of couples go on dates to Griffith for star gazing, so I should do a date night type outfit. I loved the idea from the start, so I couldn't resist taking my fellow Trojan, friend and blogger May from Summerinmay. I wish I could have taken the pictures under the stars, but for the best picture quality, we did the shoot at sunset, and I couldn't have asked for a better shoot!

I'm soo thankful that these photos turned out AMAZING! I owe it all to the wonderful photographer Spencer Davis, please like his facebook page here.

black top sequin skirt

black shirt sequin skirt clutch


 Black tied up shirt- Brandy Melville ; double-colored sequin skirt- Foreign Exchange

Star and Moon Clutch Earrings- Claires

Envelope Clutch + Heels- Zooshoo.com







I chose this skirt was because I thought the shininess would go with the celestial theme of the venue. The skirt is actually really cool! The sequins are originally black, but died silver. You can actually create your own pattern of black and silver by flipping the sequins! May actually tried to draw the world map on it! Since the skirt was a bit on the flashy side, I had to go with a black shirt. Brandy Melville is known for their super comfortable fabric, and this shirt was no exception!

Since the colors of the outfit falls on a darker side, so I needed an accessory piece to add a pop of color. And the envelope clutch was the way to go! It's fun and it has a bright color, but it doesn't draw too much attention away from the outfit.

Did you notice my earrings is star-and-cresent? Yes, they were the very ones I mentioned about in my haul post! I was just trying to keep up with the starry theme :)





For more pictures, you can either go on my facebook or Spencer's facebook :)

If you haven't yet, you should definitely go to the observatory when you get a chance!

XOXO.

Joanne

11 comments: