Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I wear white after labor day.

In Monday's post, I mentioned that I went to Griffith Park for a hike. I just wanted to share that it was absolutely beautiful! It was a very trip up to the observatory, but once I got there, the hike was totally worth it. The view was breath-taking. I might do a shoot there sometimes :)

Look at this view!


Photo taken from USC APO Website

If you've been following me on Twitter (@joanneinazoo), you probably know by now that I am the greatest Friends nut. EVER!

So, I was just casually scrolling through the millions of Friends tweet when I realized, Labor Day JUST PASSED! Do you remember that episode where Joey asked Rachel to help Charlie shop because everything she owned had shoulder pads in them? Joey said, "Yeah Rachel taught me everything I know about fashion, like 'you can't wear white after labor day.'" What is up with that? So I did some research.

According to Times, one of the reasons why this rule is created is because it's a symbol of summer's passing and the oncoming of fall. People wear light colors in the summer and darker colors during fall, and like I mentioned in the Sex and the City 2 review, Labor Day is like a pivotal day that transitions summer to fall, so it's like a symbolic day in which people change their dress from summer style to fall style. But there are rule breakers like CoCo Chanel, who totally just makes up her own rules, you can read more about her in my other post.

So I've decided to take on CoCo's rebellious spirit and wear white :)

Summer didn't exactly pass here in LA, it's practically summer "all-day errday" of the year!

White Sheer Shirt: Foreign Exchange // Red Shorts: Forever 21



Bag: Cotton On // Bracelet: Shanghai Boutique // Sam Edelman Ballet Flats: Nordstorm Rack


Turn to page 394!


Studiously waiting to learn!

Photos taken by: Caroline Sykes

I've been monitoring Fall Trends to get ready for the season for a while now, as you can see from posts like The Hunger Games Post, or the NYFW Post. Another one of my favorite trends is The Scarlett Fever. I really like the color of these shorts, they add that "Pop" that I value so much. Of course, since the shorts are such a bright color already, I had to pair it with something neutral, and white was what I had gone with. There goes me, breaking the "no wearing white after labor day rule!" But! In my defense, white and red is patriotic colors, so I'm paying respect to our country, and our country is built by laborers. So, by transitive party, I am respecting the laborers and workers!

Anyways, no more lameness. I like this look because it' spretty simple. Yet, it's not boring. Ideally, this outfit probably would have been better with a pair of red shoes, but the fact that the gold contrasts with the entire outfit worked out quite well!

Talk to you Friday,

XOXO.
Joanne

P.S. I have a super exciting idea to debut for Friday :) So don't forget to come back and visit me on Friday!

3 comments:

  1. hehe cute outfit (:
    I've been looking for a pair of red shorts! haha
    and I can't wait for Friday's post! (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shoes are so cute! I love Nordstrom Rack <3 Ooh like Grace, I, too, am excited for Friday's post :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE POST TITLE! Great job! What is Friday's post?

    ReplyDelete