Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Wild Child

Crazy for Plaid





Happy Friday!

I've been stalking allwomenstalk (see what I did there?) for the report of the latest fall trends. A lot of my posts--the dress I wore in the NYFW post and the hunger games post-- were all inspired by the different trends of  the upcoming season.

Well, another one of my favorite is the PLAID TREND! I think it could be so girly and preppy but casual and formal at the same time. Soo many adjectives right? As you can see, this outfit is Wild Child inspired. Whenever I think plaid and preppy, my mind automatically wanders to Emma Roberts and the scary UK Boarding school.

ONTO THE SET! I started building the set by looking for the right skirt. The reason the skirt was the item of choice was because the skirt doesn't automatically draw that much attention. Plaid is a hard pattern to match because there's so much colors, and sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming. Of course! There are plaid flannels, but that's a completely different style! So the skirt already has a lot of colors, the top would definitely have to be something simple. The white polo would be the way to go! But my favorite piece MUST be the blazer. It has double stripes on one side of the sleeve. I like the asymmetry and it's elegant at the same time. Did you see the bow? It's soo blair waldorf ♥ Last but not least, it's a UK-inspired outfit, how can I forget oxfords!?

This would be the perfect outfit for school or going out to dinner!

Have a terrific weekend :)

xoxo.

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment