Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

The City by the Bay, Day 3: Bakeries, Seals, and Ice Skating




A little pre-exploring photoshoot!

Sequin infinity scarf: H&M; Beret: Forever21
Oversized sweater: American Eagle

Thanks Phoebe for the photos! Like her page here. And check out her Flickr :) 


Lemon Meringue Cake 

 Spicy Turkey Sandwich

What is your favorite meal of the day? Mine would definitely have to be breakfast! It's not that I wake up hungry--it's actually quite the opposite. But I LOVE breakfast foods! Pancakes, waffles, BACON! It's the food that makes this meal especially special. 

Day 3 of the SF trip is Friday. Unlike every year, I didn't wake up early and hit the stores to score the good deals. Although, I did sprint to the Apple store next to our hotel for the new iTouch. I was instantly in love with it when it first came out, and I'm surprised that I was able to wait till black Friday. I got a good deal. So what if it's a splurge? Merry Christmas!

Back to the point about breakfast being my favorite meal! One of our friends from Nor Cal recommended that we try out Tartine Bakery. Yet another amazing find! The food was delicious, and I would definitely recommend to anyone in SF or wants to visit. 




Fisherman's Wharf & Pier 39! As a native LAer, when I visit SF, I visit ALL the tourist locations. It's a must.

I love the pier. The Christmas decorations are up, and there are so many cute stores. 

As for Fisherman's Wharf, it's its own world. My only disappointment was that I didn't see the Bushman :( Although I did see a wannabe bushman that hid very obviously behind an electric box. But hey, technicalities. 




CHOCOLATES! To our luck, Gheridelli's Square was within a walking distance from Fisherman's Wharf, and boy did I got some yummy delicious free samples--i love peppermint! 





Last meal of the day. Hog Island Oyster Co. 

Being next to the ocean, adding seafood to our endless list of places to try is a must. Cudos to the almost-yelp-elite-when-she-turns-21, we picked Hog Island--yet another wonderful meal. 

The clams in the clam chowder are still in their shells!




Our second to the last stop of the evening-- Japan Town.

Everything in this town is so cute! 



A bitter-sweet conclusion to my trip: Ice Skating. 

It was a fun experience, but I also realized how bad I am at Ice Skating. However, in my defense, we were skating in Hockey Skates, so it's a lot harder!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the spirit of the moment,  I'm so glad to have been able to go on this trip with these people that I consider my second family. 

Excuse me for my cheesiness, but HIMYM is on on the TV right now, and it's the episode where Ted finds his doppleganger. The final lines were that even though their gang drifts apart from time to time, they always get back together and watch Robots vs Wrestlers. 

Can't wait for the next trip together <3







No comments:

Post a Comment