Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

If you're going to San Francisco: Day 1

If you follow me on twitter or Facebook, you'd know that I went to San Francisco for this past Thanksgiving break. Now that I'm back, and have internet, I'm so excited to share with you my trip, every step of the way.

First off, I would like to thank my friend Phoebe for being the official photographer of the trip. Most of the pictures from this and the future San Francisco posts are taken by her! Yes, this is the same Phoebe that did the shoot for my New York Fashion Week post. I'm so proud of her! She was recently selected to have her photography to be showcased at rawcultureLA. Like her Facebook page. and check out her Flickr!  

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A beautiful, scenic view of a lake while cruising on the I-5! 

Now, I got to warn you. The entirety of this trip is 90% revolved around food. There will be lots of pictures of food, so brace yourself. 

With that said, after six hours of being on the road, our first stop after arriving in San Fran was of course to fuel up on food!



Hot Cookie in Castro


Spiffy Iffy from Ike's Place Sandwiches

The cookies were really great, especially because I was eating them as I ravenously awaited my sandwich. But the sandwich was amazing! It has chicken, avocado, AND pesto, all of my favorites :)



My outfit for the day.

Sweater, shorts & shoes: Forever 21

After exploring castro, we finally checked into our hotel and explored Union Square, which was amazingly beautiful during this time of the year. 




Here are some of the lovely people that was a part of this awesome trip!

A type of cuisine that I've grown to love is fusion, which is why I was super excited to try out The House restaurant, located at the heart of China Town. It was recommended by one of our friends who's from San Francisco. 


Ribeye Steak from The House Restaurant

I can honestly contest that this steak from an Asian American Fusion restaurant was better than a lot of steaks I've had from steak houses. 

That concludes our first day at San Francisco. 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the last time I was in SF seemed like a lifetime ago. But, it really has been long enough of a time span that passed since I barely remembered being at any of the significant landmarks, and it's unfortunate that I never came to appreciate the unique character that San Francisco has!

Look at the aesthetics of the streets!



potentially Banksky! 

Also, I actually miss the city. Having spent over half of my life in Shanghai, I do consider myself a city girl. Even though USC is so close to DTLA, there's something different about the downtown San Francisco! It's almost as if it feels more friendly and relaxed, and not as business oriented. 

That's it for now! Day 2 coming soon :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment