Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

All things Nami!

First off, I would like to apologize for my recent inactivity. Midterm season really takes it out of you, plus everything has just been piling up, and I've been very overwhelmed. I literally feel like I barely have time to breathe. Luckily, I have very special people in my life that keeps me together ♥ But, this week, I am going to have four midterms, please bear with me for one more week! I have so much fun and exciting things in my life that I can't wait to share. I'll be back next week!

Picture taken by Ivana Tay

This Saturday, I was lucky enough to be able to attend The Fall | Winter 2012 fashion show of LA's very own Nami. And I got meet some fellow bloggers! You know May from Summer in may (second from the right), we're both Trojans, and I've mentioned her a couple of times in my past posts. But I also got to meet some fresh new faces! (From left to right) Sarah from Lame Chic, Jen from Channel Jen, another fellow Trojan, Kayla from blush-and-bangs, and Ivanna from Cut and Taylored. Everyone was gorgeous, I follow their blogs, and it's so weird meeting everyone in person after you've known them so well through their blogs, haha!

First, read more about the designer of Nami, Sarah Nami Anh, here. She's very talented, and to think she has a BS, MS, AND a PhD in Neuroscience as well! I actually plan on interviewing her! So, stay tuned for that as well :)

Onto the show! I'll just share with you some of my favorites. I just used the same Sony point-and-shoot that I used for the Beverly Center FNO post, so the quality is definitely not the best.


Pre-runway showroom








For better quality photos, the SS13 runway looks are online, see it all here.

What attracted me to some of these pieces were that I really liked the colors. Also, the cutting were really nice and are great representations of Nami's talents. Sometimes, designers use runways as an opportunity to be unique and let their imaginations run wild, and the pieces turn out to be more art pieces that wearable clothing. However, most of the pieces in this show would definitely be clothes I wouldn't mind wearing on a regular basis! 

Overall, I liked the experience of being live at an actual runway show! A lot of the models were wearing heelless wedges, so they kept tripping, and still walked the walk. Props to them for pulling those off! 

Wish I could have gotten a goodie bag!

See you next week,

Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment